We pray: "that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him, the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power." Amen Ephesians 1:17-19
Now is the time 2 Hear God
Take some time to literally "Draw near" to God. Get out your colored pencils (or crayons, or markers)
2 Hear God is a ministry that hopes to
bless the Kingdom of God through
outreach to His flock.
Participants of 2 Hear God do that in many ways.
We are ordinary people listening to the voice of the Holy Spirit
and obeying as best we can.
We often dismiss the magnitude of Jesus, who He is, the authority he has, and all that He has given to us. Below are just some of His names and titles. For a document listing the scriptures, contact 2hearGod@gmail.com.
- Sit comfortably with a large sheet of paper on a good surface for drawing in front of you
- Invite God to speak to you through the Holy Spirit
- Close your eyes with your hand over the box or tray of pencils
- Let your hand roam over the pencils until one comes to hand
- Make a mark on the paper, letting whatever movement comes - no critiquing allowed!
- When the set of marks feels complete, set that pencil aside and repeat
- Add detail or other colors as you feel led, listening for what each color and mark is saying
- As meaning comes to you, add notes about what you’re hearing and think about what that means for your life
- When all feels complete, thank God for speaking to you and clean up your supplies
Meet the ministry of some members:
Recently Karen has begun ministering with CareNet of Maryland (http://friendsofcarenetsomd.org)
Karen continues sharing her love for God: “I feel called to share my love of God’s word through the simple creation of images. In my most desperate time of need, God poured out His love through the scriptures. The more I poured over his many promises, I found it soothing to put scriptures to beautiful pictures that would eventually be printed and framed, covering the walls in my home. I would be blessed if you would share your favorite scriptures so that I could share with you a picture that you may choose to print and hang on your own walls to allow His love to be a constant reminder each time you gaze upon the image. Feel free to email your desired scripture to 2hearGod@gmail.com,"
Norma writes:“I spend time each daylistening for what God wants me to write, then asking the next day with whom I am to share it. So here's what I wrote recently that I feel called to share on this website. If it speaks to you and touches your heart, then I bless what God is doing through it. If not, then please release and forget that you read it. Or send it on if you are so led. In any case, it's also for me, so it will have served its purpose.”nsignificant - until it’s seen with the host of My children, a profuse display of beauty!"
Face to Face Worship Ministries